Reflection on Junior Year


Hello!

I am sorry for the long break from this blog. I have just finished my junior year of college, and am ready for senior year. First of all, how did this even happen?

This year was by far the craziest, but most fulfilling. I took 18 credits Spring semester which was extremely challenging. It was rewarding in the end when I was happy with my grades and truly saw where hard work takes you.

One of the main things people say when you start college is to "get involved." I never truly took this advice until this past year. When I began writing for The Odyssey, becoming the Vice President of the Society for Technical Communication, tutoring in my university's Writing Center, getting a job as the copy editor at the school's newspaper, and trying to keep some sort of social life going.

At times, (many times), it was extremely stressful and overwhelming. However, looking back and seeing that I was able to keep up with all of these activities makes me feel accomplished in one way or another. It kept me driven and motivated, as I had no time to be lazy and flop around.

In general, I do better when I keep busy. Staying productive makes me feel more positive as I feel a sense of purpose in myself.

Looking back, and knowing that I was able to make it through this year even at times when I thought I would fail every class and just wanted to give up is a great feeling.

Junior year in college is known to be one of the hardest as you are mainly in your major classes, so I am very happy to be done!

At the end of the year, my roommates and I took a trip down to Destin, Florida to relax, unwind, and kick off Summer. It was a great trip filled with lots of sunshine, beach time, many dolphin sightings, and good friends. Here are some photos from the trip!

View from our balcony!

Lime Tostitos are the best!
An amazing sunset watched right from our balcony!

Always love a good candid shot ;)

Comment below and let me know what your plans are for the summer!

Also, be sure to follow me on instagram: @cozy_withcoffee

As always, thanks for reading!



No comments