5 Things to do on a Snow Day

Last weekend, winter storm "Jonas" hit, and it hit hard! We got about 30 inches of snow in Virginia, it was crazy! I was basically trapped in my apartment from Friday until Monday, which was good and bad. I definitely enjoy being snowed in and "hunkering down", but by Monday I was getting cabin fever and NEEDED to get out of my apartment! Snow days are a great time to catch up on rest and lay around, but they're also perfect days to do some things that you normally don't have the time to do!


I've composed a list of 5 things to keep you busy on a snow day (or a winter day) when you're stuck inside with nothing to do!



1. Follow the new trend: Adult Coloring Books- Before the storm hit, I decided to pick up an adult coloring book up from Walmart. Everyone's been talking about them lately and I felt like it would be the perfect thing to do while stuck inside! It's actually a very relaxing activity, and takes up a lot of time since the lines are so small! I would highly recommend doing this on a snow day as it kills time, and is good for the mind as well!


2. Read something new!- A snow day is a perfect day to read something you've been wanting to, but just haven't found the time. I recently ordered "Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential" by Shannon Kaiser.  I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's an inspiring book that can help you to change your thoughts into more positive ones! I really have liked reading it so far, you should definitely check it out!


3. Get Organized!- I like to think of myself as an organized person, but many times my room gets cluttered very quickly. This past snow weekend I used some of the time to get organized in my room! Tackling one small space (like your desk, or a dresser) can make you feel a lot better and productive! A decluttered space is a decluttered mind!


















4. Refresh your Skin!- Winter weather can have some harsh effects on your skin. Take advantage of being stuck inside to give your skin a treat with a face mask! Personally, I like this Charcoal Face Mask because it's supposed to "detox your skin" while not over trying it. I've been getting breakouts a lot lately, so this is definitely a good one for me! Any drugstore will have good face masks for not too expensive, so check out which one would be good for your skin tone!



5. Guilt-Free Netflix- Last, but certainly not least, catch up on your favorite show on Netflix (or Hulu, or regular TV)! I've been watching a lot of New Girl--please watch it's hysterical-- but a lot of times it is hard to watch during the week when I have a lot of school work. Use your snow day to indulge in your favorite show wrapped in a fuzzy blanket, without having to worry about adult responsibilities! 



Comment below what YOUR favorite snow day activities are! 




No comments